Thursday, May 7, 2009

Malaria and Strawberry Poptarts

I have never been so excited to take medication! Well, to be honest I'm kind of excited and a little bit nervous. Today I had to start taking doxycycline, the malaria medication; and on the one hand I'm a little nervous because I don't want it to make me nauseous or loopy, but on the other hand I am wicked pumped because this means it is only ONE WEEK until I am in Africa! AH! SO PUMPED! :)
I just don't exactly know what to expect because I have never really taken medication, especially for a long period of time, so hopefully it's all good.

Well, not much exciting yet because I am still in New York...but I have gotten most of my packing done! I have a lot of food in my suitcase now.
This is what I will be eating for lunch for two months:
  • powerbars
  • balance bars
  • chewy bars
  • rice krispies treats
  • wheat thins
  • tuna
  • peanut butter
  • strawberry poptarts

I don't even like strawberry poptarts very much, but I bought them because Camden and I had some secret plans for them; then I realized that I still had the space and the weight capacity to put them in my suitcase, so I did. Maybe they will grow on me. But more likely, I am expecting to get desperate enough to love them.

7 Days 'til I board a plane to Ghana!

No comments:

Post a Comment