Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Hunger Pains Begin

okay, so. I figured I had an excuse to write about my trip to Africa because I think about it every time my stomach growls.

I know I know, its ironic that I am saying I have hunger pains and I am not even there yet, BUT I am taking my oral typhoid vaccine, and I have to take it every other day on an EMPTY stomach right before I go to bed. Trust me, this is MUCH more difficult than it sounds. I love my late night snacks, and I kind of graze all day when it comes to food, so having to stop eating at like 8pm is a big deal for me.

I tried to stop eating after 9pm for lent (I know, I know, I'm not Catholic, I just wanted to see if I could do it) and I was completely unsuccessful! I think I lasted like two days before I started eating my midnight snacks again. Anyways, I am just trying to emphasize the point that I am bad at restraining my food/snack intake, so this may be a difficult task to overcome while in Ghana.
I guess I will re-address this issue and update on how I am handling it, while I am there!

29 Days 'til I board a plane to Ghana!

No comments:

Post a Comment